Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Serious Post.. :) sorry folks

Lately, I've been thinking about how many people are lost without God in this crazy world. Things are fast declining from what they use to be. More destruction and immorality then ever before. I was shocked to learn that some of my friends have NEVER even heard or read Acts 2:38. I've asked a friend of mine if she believed in the Bible. she said yeah. I then asked her if she believed baptism was a requirement to be saved. She said No. I showed her some verses with baptism in them that she had never read. Her response was. Oh.

 Teenagers and kids being raised today haven't even heard the traditional Bible stories that are so common in pentecost. A young child could tell you the story of David and Goliath or Jonah and the whale, But kids being raised in the world have never even heard of these Bible characters or the miracles that God has performed. It breaks my heart when someone just passes the Bible stories off as a book of fairytales that are only enjoyable to read. My heart breaks for every young person out there, struggling to find something to make their life complete when I sit here holding the answer to their every need.

How selfish of me, to not share salvation with these lost people. Some are willing othere's are not, but who are we to sit here and say.. oh their on drugs they would NEVER come to service with me, They've had 50 boyfriends in the past year. They don't want God. The one's that are the craziest or most worldly are the one that need him the most. Their trying to find something. and all they have found is drugs, drinking, and other stuff that most teenagers indulge in today.

We sit here on pentacostal pew's not realizing how many people are struggling. Maybe its peer pressure, maybe its abuse in any way shape or form, maybe its feeling like nobody cares for them, maybe its searching for something, the only thing they have found is cheap imitations of the spirit of God. They don't even come close! and after their experience it leaves them empty again.

I have it so good! Everything I do, I have my Savior one step ahead of me leading the way. Being my strength. With one touch of his presence a bad day is a wonderful day. God is SO much more then just accepting him as Jesus Christ your savior. He's got to become your friend, you confidant, someone you can trust and lean on. Above all, I want to be saved.

-Brittney Renae

No comments:

Psalms 9:1
I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

Psalms 16: 1
Perserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.